Thursday, July 28, 2011

Top 10 Olympics Videogames According to IGN


I'll start by noting that this article and it's corresponding list is old. It was published in 2008. While it is interesting to get someones take on it like this I really disagree with a lot of this and most of the games aren't official Olympic games. But I digress, there have not been on over abundance of great officially licensed Olympic video games. So without further ado here are the Top 10 Olympic Video Games... according to IGN... from 2008...

10. Beijing 2008
9. Caveman Ugh-lympics
8. Mario & Sonic and the Olympic Games
7. HesGames
6. Decathlon
5. Decathlete
4. Winter Games
3. Summer Games II
2. Summer Games
1. Track & Field

Now you see what I mean?! A lot of these games are unheard of! The fact that two games from Beijing 2008 is pretty telling that this guy didn't have much to go on. Track and Field is a great pick along with the original Mario and Sonic Olympic game. I really think Nagano Winter Olympics '98 for the N64 should have been included on the this list. I loved that game! I have played a demo of the Beijing 2008 and found it painfully dull. I am eager to try the Winter Games and Summer Games originally developed by Epyx for the Commodore 64. Thankfully these games are available through the Virtual Console service on the Wii. I may give them a shot sometime and do a little write up on here about them.

You can read the full article here: Top 10 Olympics Videogames

No comments: