Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Release Date and Cover Art for Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games


So the artwork I posted a little while back turned out not to be the official artwork. Sega has announced the release date for the Wii version of Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games along with the final cover art. I imagine this news was released to coincide with the one year to go celebrations taking place today. The game will debut in the US on on November 15th and in Europe on November 18th. The cover art sure looks busy. For better or worse it seems to be in line with the rest of the graphic identity for London 2012. Dare I say it, but London's tragic look is actually growing on me. I doubt I will ever love it the way I have other games, but I don't hate it all the way I once did. Additionally, it seems the game will come in a yellow box rather than the traditional white for Wii games. This change is not unprecedented. New Super Mario Bros. Wii shipped in a red case and Nintendo has release some of their more mature oriented games in black cases in Japan.

No comments: