Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Olympics themed Warner Brother cookie jars


This is a bit of a blast form the past but I thought it would be a fun little tidbit I could share. While browsing my usual assortment of blogs I came across a post on Cartoon Brew about a former designer for the WB store who was starting up a blog to share his memories, designs, and concept art from the now defunct stores. I clicked the link to check it out and the most resent post includes the little gem pictured above. You can check out the full post for more details but here is what he had to say about them...

At around this time, WB had joined licenses with the Olympics Committee. The torch idea depicting the various Looney Tunes characters seemed like a perfect solution for a cookie jar. Although, I don't think this is exactly what the Greeks had in mind when they created the games. But hen again, I was the guy that had to draw poses of Izzy the Olympics mascot.

They're cute but far from something I'm dying to have. Anyway, I just thought I'd share!

No comments: