Monday, July 20, 2009

Olympic Network to debut in 2010


The Hollywood Reporter ran a story recently with the title Olympic Network to debut in 2010 and subtitle, "Will air live events, archival footage and lifestyle shows."


I'm all in!! I am so excited about this and I hope that this is a regularly available channel and not a premium one that is only on expensive plans.

The NY Times later ran a story with the title Olympics Channel Draws a Rebuke From the I.O.C. and they went on to say that "Richard CarriĆ³n, an I.O.C. executive board member from Puerto Rico, said the U.S.O.C. had been told that it was proceeding hastily into the venture and that it should not assume it would get the rights it wanted."

I have also read somewhere that this may jeopardize Chicago's 2016 Summer Olympics bid. I really hope this is not the case. This would only benefit the Olympic Movement and bring positive attention to sports as a whole. I hope any issues get sorted out and things proceed without affecting Chicago's chances when the votes are cast this fall.

Both articles (which are linked above) are worth a read if you have a sec.


UPDATE: USOC postpones TV network plans (8/16/09)

No comments: